I'm amazed that it's been a full year since my first porn experience. The day was full of historical significance with Obama being sworn in, and the juxtaposition of my swearing in, by taking a mouthful of cock on camera, wasn't lost on me. I've posted before my experience of that day.... the reservations I still had even as I was driving to the shoot. However, looking back at it all.... I wouldn't change a thing.
- “What do you think of me using Coop Anderson?’
- “But that’s already your name.”
- “Yeah, but it’s my nickname… and I kinda like the idea of becoming something that is the opposite of Anderson Cooper.”
- “What do you mean?”, he strained as he lifted his legs for leg lifts on the bench.
- “Well, I think it would be cool to make a website, that was almost like a television station… with viral videos that I produced, blogs that I wrote, documentaries… just in a more entertaining fashion than Anderson provides.”
Let me just stress that I didn’t come up with the name Coop. An ex-boss of mine named me that because of my last name, and the fact that she thought I was the opposite of Anderson Cooper. I didn’t really care one way or the other, and before I knew it, most of the crew was calling me Coop as well. Frankly, I don’t care much for Anderson Cooper as a host of television. I think he’d be more influential if he came out of the closet.
- “I understand, because he is kinda boring… but if you use what is the antithesis of Anderson, you give people the idea that you’re basing your persona off of someone else. Like you don’t really have that many ideas…. And YOU have a lot of ideas.” Steve had a point. I stopped for a moment weighing what other names would make a possible good porn name that could transpire into a stage name for future possibilities…
- “Okay, you’re right…. "
-"What about Race Cooper?”
- “Oh my god! YES!”
- “You think?”
- He nodded emphatically, “Yeah, we’ve tested it with the marketing group and they APPROVE! Where did that come from?”
I smiled and laughed….
- “I met some guy in Sacramento with that name… seems to fit well with Cooper.”, I switched seats with Steve to get ready to do my set.
- “More than that… Race is good because of the edginess of it. You’re not afraid of a challenge…”
It amazes me how Steve can hit it right on the nail like that. To begin this journey with out any masks, is to start to see the challenge in who I can become. I’ve been faced with everything possible that I could’ve already feared. The only challenge now, is to face who I fully am. Race Cooper it is.